I am learning first-hand that there is much to discover in this amazing universe. A few weeks ago, a fellow student from nutrition school posted a question on Facebook that caught my attention. She wondered if anyone had experience with energy medicine. I responded in the affirmative as I am attuned in Reiki and am a student of Healing Touch. She was told by another practitioner that her energy required balancing and she was seeking help to restore equilibrium. Even though my new friend was 2,500 miles away, I offered to assist.
During my studies of energy medicine, I learned that healing transcends space and time. If one holds the intention to serve as a conduit for healing energy, it doesn't matter if the person seeking healing is laying on a table in front of the practitioner or half-way across the globe. Healing can still take place. While I had only practiced healing at a distance during a Reiki class (my "client" was in an adjacent room), I had faith in the process. My new friend Michelle and I decided we would proceed.
I explained the process. Michelle would find a quiet space to lay down and, for the next hour, I would complete an assessment and balance her energy, as needed. I imagined that Michelle was physically present and proceeded as though she was right in front of me. I asked Michelle to call me in an hour so we could talk about her experience. Because I had little experience with distance healing, my expectations were low. Much to my delight, Michelle had an amazing experience. She said that could feel pressure on her legs at first and then about half-way through the session (about the time I was raking through her energy fields), she had an incredible emotional release. She began to cry. She described the experience as powerful. Frankly, we were both blown away. We reflected on the fact that Spirit, God, the Universe--whatever one chooses to call universal energy--is miraculous and mysterious and may never be fully understood.
What did happen? I believe that, by holding a healing intention, Michelle and I both tapped into a higher spiritual vibration that allowed Michelle to release anxiety and restore balance to her energy centers. To me, it shows that we all have the power to connect to a higher source that holds the key to the greater good of those who have faith.
Weird? Maybe.
Mysterious? Amazing? Incredible? Definitely.
No comments:
Post a Comment