Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Beauty

Orginally posted on my website on October 22, 1012

My friends and I have embarked on a creative project during the month of October. We have committed to taking a photo a day for 31 days. It doesn't matter the subject. While there need not be a theme, I have chosen one to provide focus (pardon the pun) to my endeavor. I decided to capture autumn up close. I wanted to notice wondrous details that come with the changing of a season. I am taking time to appreciate the beauty of a fallen acorn, the crisp color of sugar maple leaves, shiny dew on pumpkins and the intricacy of spider webs.

Sometimes as we rush off to work or take our children to school, we forget to stop, breathe and take in our surroundings with appreciation and gratitude. The world around us is miraculous.
I encourage you to take some time this week to look around you. Connect with nature by taking a stroll through the woods, park or your community. Take in the sunshine, vibrant colors, and the sound of geese as they prepare for winter. Feel the cold wind on your cheeks and listen to the leaves as they crunch under each step. There's beauty everywhere if you take a moment to truly see it--and just breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment