Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Lovin' the Homework!
I just cranked out a bunch of marketing promotions for some presentations that I'll be giving through the Manheim Township Parks and Recreation Department (Lancaster, PA) this spring http://www.synchronessence.com/presentations-2. I was able to do the work uninterrupted and got it done in a far less time than it would've ever taken me back in the days when I worked in a traditional office setting. Don't get me wrong. There were lots of benefits to working in an office. I could walk down the hall and brainstorm with a staff member, seek guidance from colleagues, and be part of a social environment. However, as I sit here writing this, I don't have to worry about what I'm wearing (yoga pants and a fleece top), whether my hair is combed (it's not), or interruptions (all I can hear is the hum of my computer and birds singing in the backyard). I don't have to answer the phone (unless it's a client) and I don't have to manage anyone's expectations except my own (which can be high). I find that I take better care of myself working from home. I exercise more frequently, take time to stretch and breathe, and sip on green drinks and white tea whenever I need refreshment. I am grateful to the Universe for giving me this chance for a new way of living, away from the politics, questionable decisions, and endless meetings. I changed my life's story and am lovin' the homework!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment