Originally posted on my website on October 19, 2012
You commit yourself to eating right and exercising. You're consistent. You're on a roll. You've lost a few pounds and your jeans fit better. Awesome feeling, right? But what about those times when cravings hit. You can't seem to pass up the Halloween candy, the donuts at the water cooler, or a second helping at dinner--even if dinner is a fairly nutritious meal. I've been there! In fact I've given in to a number of temptations lately that have caused a few pounds to creep back on to my body. Frankly, it makes me angry at myself particularly since I have worked hard to slim my body over the past eighteen months. But I've learned that I can't let temporary set backs get me down--and neither should you.
Each moment we have a chance to turn things around and make better choices in all aspects of our lives. We can choose to eat a plateful of nutritious vegetables for lunch instead of grabbing something from the vending machine to boost our energy. We can take 10 minute breaks throughout the day to stretch or walk for quick rejuvenation. We can block out a few minutes of quiet time to center ourselves. We can spend time with our families and friends to feel the love and connection that we all need for a balanced life. Minute by minute we can make choices that nourish us rather than deplete us.
So today, I'm going to recommit myself to feeding my body with nutritious foods, drink plenty of water, hug my child and breathe deeply. It's a start. I know that it's the little choices that make a difference to my health and happiness in the long run. What choices will you make today?
No comments:
Post a Comment